WORKOUT IS NOT ABOUT THE GYM
How many of you would commit to exercising regularly❓
But after surgery, of course, ππ!
A lot of us think, "I'm going to start the gym after Surgery," "I'm going to be more active after surgery," and "I'm going to exercise to keep my results." Still, the truth is that many of us indulge in so many ways because we think that after surgery, we will commit to exercising and healthy eating.
I'm sorry, sister, don't lie to yourself!
If you don't create the habits PRE-surgery, the chances of you making new habits POST surgery are low to zero.
I'm not here to discourage you; I inspire you to prepare as much as possible before surgery.
Creating a regular exercise routine will benefit your body ± mind.
Doctors are increasingly asking patients to exercise before surgery to make traveling that road to recovery easier. It's called "rehabbing." (link to article)
There are a million reasons for you to get more active before surgery, but the number one for me is.
"YOU HAVE MORE CHANCES OF PRESERVING YOUR RESULTS (BBL, LIPO, MMO, TT>) FOR A LONGER PERIOD OR EVEN A LIFETIME."
Working in this industry, I can tell you a significant percentage of women gain a lot of weight within five years after liposuction or any other cosmetic procedure.
But I'm here to give you some tips that have helped me and will help you if you try them!
πππEXERCISE IN THE MORNING!
I don't care if you need to wake up a 4 am (stop reading Facebook groups until midnight and go to bed at a decent time).
Exercising in the morning will not only energize your day, and you will also have a better probability of squeezing in a workout than an afternoon! Everything gets in the way, and by the night's end, you will try again tomorrow.
You will get it done and move on with your day.
If your schedule does not allow you to do morning exercises, stick to YOGA at night. It helps to release the tension in your muscle from the day, and if you are like me, Ying Yan yoga will help you to sleep better.
WORK OUT ALONE.
Having a friend to work out helps with motivation, but what happens when she can't? You don't move because your brain gets lazy (perfect excuse); I can't work out alone!
Only relied on you, Mamasita. And I don't mean you would never work out with a friend or do a class together, but don't rely all the time on a friend.
Let me tell you, a secret MOTIVATION doesn't last long. Only HABITS stay forever. Start creating it now!
WORKOUT IS NOT ABOUT THE GYM!
The gym can be intimidating, especially if you have never been to one or are not in the best shape. If you live in Miami, where everyone looks like models from a fitness magazine, but to be honest. If you cannot throw yourself out of bed, put on your sneakers and go for a walk around your neighborhood. Are you going to drive yourself to the gym? Dealing with Traffic, kids, and time?
Commit to walk around your house 15 at a time and start increasing a few minutes every day, YouTube videos, free fitness app ( next point)
DONATE YOUR MONEY TO SHARITY NO TO THE GYM.
How many times have you signed up for a new gym membership?
Day 1 work out like if you will lose 10lbs in one day!
Day 2, everything hurts, even to smile, but somehow you make it to the gym.
Day 3 Now you know which muscles you use to sit on the throne.
Starting day 4, you probably will go back to the gym every 28 days when you see the gym debit your membership from the bank.
Don't waste your money. Create a routine first with free resources (State park, free class, walk, youtube videos, Pinterest).
HAVE FUN!
I love to dance (you know, Latina), which is a great way to move your whole body, burn calories, elevate cardio levels, improve mobility, and release tons of serotonin.
YouTube has millions of Zumba classes, hip-hop, Samba, and more!
Use your internet as a tool!
If you have teenagers, they probably will name you "la loca bailadora" or "the crazy lady dancing." It's okay; they will leave you alone after a few days.
EXERCISING IS NOT A PUNISHMENT.
Most of us see exercise as an "I HAVE TO," but you don't. Who's forcing you? or is someone putting a gun on your head? You do this out of love for your body, which can be fun if you start to enjoy it.
It is a moment in the day when you can dedicate 30 minutes to yourself. Getting together with a group of a stranger to dance Sumba.
A nice walk with the kids and the dog outside in nature, breathing pure air.
Exercise is one of the best gifts you can give to yourself, and I hope these words inspire you to move around more!
Love and shine!
What is "rehabbing?
"We are not Doctor please consult a medical professional or healthcare provider first"
Comments
Post a Comment